So, you are quarantined, now what? We wanted to put together a fun list of disability-themed stories, shows, podcasts, and books for you to check out.
Top 10 Disability Related Bible Stories
- John 9: Jesus & The Man Born Blind
- Exodus 4: Moses & The Lord
- Psalm 139: Wonderfully Made
- Luke 14: Jesus & Parable of Great Banquet
- 2 Samuel 9: David Blesses Mephibosheth
- Mark 8: Jesus Heals the Blind Man
- Luke 5: Through the Roof Story
- 2 Corinthians 12:9: My Grace is Sufficient
- Genesis 1:26: Made In God’s Image
- John 3:16: Christ Died For ALL
Top 10 Disability Related TV Shows
OK, so we said we would give you a top 10 list, but this is actually a little more than 10. Here are TV shows featuring characters or performers with disabilities. We would encourage you to check out the ratings on some of these, as not all of them are meant for a younger audience.
"TV Series Featuring Characters or Performers With Disabilities"
Top 10 Special Needs Parenting Podcasts
- Mama Bear Podcast
- Lomah Special Needs Podcast
- Accepting the Unacceptable
- Unexceptional Moms
- Parenting Impossible The Special Needs Survival Podcast
- Thriving in the Midst of Chaos: Parenting With Special Needs Kids
- Parenting Special Needs Podcast
- Dad to Dad Podcast
- Same Journey. Different Paths
- Having a Moment with Moni
If those are not enough, here are a few more to check out.
Top 10 Disability Related Books: Adults
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- Out of My Mind
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and the Collision of Two Cultures
- Thinking In Pictures: My Life with Autism
- Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
- The Pretty One: On Life, Pop Culture, Disability, and Other Reasons to Fall in Love With Me
Top 10 Disability Related Books: Children
- El Deafo
- We'll Paint the Octopus Red
- We're Amazing, 1, 2, 3!
- Who Was Hellen Keller?
- Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus
- Anxious Ninja
- Firenze's Light
- Rescue & Jessica
- All The Way to The Top